Once you decide on building a website on your own, you face another question about what platform to use. On the web, there are a lot of platforms that guarantee codeless and fast site creation. Yet, WordPress takes the first place among other popular website builders year after year. According to the latest stats made by BuiltWith, WP has become first again in CMS usage in 2019.
Here are a few reasons why WordPress is so popular among web users:
- WP is open-source which means that the developers from the whole world can update its functionality.
- WP has a distinctive e-commerce option. You can add an online store to your site with WooCommerce for free.
- WP is usually equipped with a drag-n-drop editor which enables codeless customization.
- WP offers high-class, lifetime support for paid users.
- WP comes with detailed documentation that will guide through each step of installing the theme and using it for your future projects.
The following step-by-step guide has been created with both beginners and expert developers in mind. That being said, if you have little to no technical knowledge, this tutorial will help you build the website like a pro.
Steps To Start Your Website With WordPress From Scratch
A domain is an address of your website on the web. The most common domain extensions are .com, .org, .net, .biz, and others. We recommend selecting .com that will include your business name. Even though web host may deliver a domain for free, it is better to keep the name and hosting isolated. This allows you to have ownership and an opportunity to take control over your domain name. Besides, make sure that the domain name corresponds to your brand and key purposes and is easy to remember.
Search Your Domain Here
In two simple words, web hosting is your website’s home on the Internet. Content and files will be stored over there. Again, you can choose hosting service from free options, but that’s not where you want to skimp. Paid host ensures high quality and ability to get full control over it. While you are building a website with WordPress, make sure that the host provides WP script in the library. Meanwhile, check out the best web hosting services for WordPress in 2019 to select the one you like.
Once signed up for hosting, log in to your account and the address of the host’s name servers by following the received instructions. Please be aware, that the name server should consist of two series of numbers. Then, copy name server and add it to your domain name in the domain registrar. Once done, the registrar understands where the domain should point to.
Recomender Web Hosting
Siteground Web Hosting
Enjoy amazing speed and security for your WordPress site on a powerful hosting platform recommended by WordPress.org and trusted by 2,800,000 domains.
Get Siteground Hosting
Bluehost Web Hosting
Whether you’re looking to create a website, blog or online store, Bluehost can get you started with a hosting plan tailored to your specific needs.
Get Blue Host Web Hosting
- Log in to your host account, go to cPanel dashboard, find WP script, and hit ‘Install’ button.
- Select the domain name where you want to install WordPress.
- Enter your website name, admin username, email address, and a password. If needed, all data can be changed later.
- Click ‘Install’ button to continue.
- Once the installation is over, press ‘Installation Complete’ link to be redirected to the screen with your WordPress URL and password.
Now, log in to your WordPress site and go to dashboard panel. Make sure to explore it prior to choosing WP theme.
When everything is in place, it is a high time to make your site look attractive. There are a huge number of WordPress themes available for different purposes. You can select between free and paid. Yet, premium templates obviously have a list of benefits, like:
- Advanced functionality.
- Access to a lifetime theme support.
- Unique plugins etc.
If you’ve decided to replace the default theme with a brand new one, follow the next steps:
- Go to WP admin panel > Appearance > Themes and choose ‘Add New’.
- Select the product from the official WordPress.org themes folder and choose to install it.
- Go back to Appearance menu and click on Customize option to adjust the installed theme.
- Change the settings in the launched theme customizer.
You may think about also Divi Theme
Get Divi Theme
WordPress Themes For Women Entrepreneurs
Do you want to start a lifestyle or fashion blog or online business? One of these feminine WordPress themes might come in handy! Whatever the reason for your search for a feminine WordPress theme, This post might help you to choose.
Checkout Feminine WordPress Themes
Posts and pages are set as default content types in WordPress. While posts are part of a blog coming in reverse chronological order, pages are static content types. On default, WP shows blog posts on the main page of the site. You can make WordPress show any pages as main ones, create a separate page or section for your blog, or just leave your site without a blog. To add any kind of content to your web page, please follow the next steps:
- Go to Dashboard menu > Pages > Add New.
- Enter the title for a page.
- Add content to the text editor including links, images, text, audio, video, and others.
- Once done, hit ‘Publish’ button to make the content live on the site.
- Proceed the same to add more pages to various sections.
When adding a blog post to your website, take the same steps. Additionally, you can adjust a few extra options like post format, categories, and tags. Besides, you can either save the post in drafts or publish it making it visible from the site.
Any other changes like setting up comments, creating a navigation menu, and installing plugins can also be made from WP dashboard menu.
WordPress Themes For Blogging
Get Wordpres Themes
To create a website independently, you need to have at least a general idea on how to do that. We do hope that our tutorial will help you with building the site. If you have any questions occurred during the installation, feel free to contact our support team. You may also share your experience in building the site with WordPress in the comments below.